Alfredo Cramerotti [MOSTYN | CuratorWork]
Alfredo Cramerotti is a cultural entrepreneur, writer, curator and broadcaster. Director of MOSTYN Wales, the leading contemporary art centre in Wales, a key partner of the PlusTate network of visual art institutions in the UK; Head Curator of APT Global–Artist Pension Trust; and Associate Curator of CCANW (Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World); Advisor to the British Council Visual Arts Acquisition Committee and the Art Institutions of the 21st Century Foundation.
He complements his work in the UK with active participation in the visual art world. In recent years this has included curating Sean Scully: Standing on the Edge of the World at the Hong Kong Arts Centre (2018); Shezad Dawood: Leviathan with the Fondazione Querini Stampalia in conjunction with the 57th Venice Biennale (2017); EXPO VIDEO Chicago (2015); three national pavilions at the Venice Biennale (Mauritius in 2015, both Wales and Maldives in 2013); and the biennials Sequences VII in Iceland (2015) and Manifesta 8 in Spain (2010).
He serves as Vice-President of AICA (International Association of Art Critics) and is Editor of the Critical Photography book series; his own publications include Forewords: Hyperimages and Hyperimaging (2018), Unmapping the City: Perspectives of Flatness (2010) and Aesthetic Journalism: How to inform without informing (2009).
12 Vaughan Street
Llandudno, United Kingdom LL30 1AB phone: View Phone+447941470145 website: Visit Website
Services & Specialties: Acquisitions, Artist Advisory, Artist Estates, Collection Management, Commissions/Production, Corporate Collection Advisory, Curation, Donation, Education, Events, Exhibition & Museum Loans, Exhibition Assistance, Furniture & Design Services, Informal Valuation, Installation, Price Evaluation, Price Negotiation, Private Collection Advisory, Research, Site Visits, Tours, Writing
Taking New Clients?: Yes
Willing to Travel?: Yes
Works with New Collectors?: Yes
- CIMAM International Committee for Museums and Collections of Modern Art (part of ICOM-UK, International Council of Museums)
- AICA-UK International Association of Art Critics – Executive Committee, UK and Vice President, International)
- IKT International Association of Curators of Contemporary Art
- Axis UK Association.
- Associate Curator, CCANW-Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World, UK
- Trustee, Art Institutions of the 21st Century, London, UK
- Advisor, Visual Arts Acquisitions Advisory Group, British Council Collection, London, UK
- Head Curator, APT–Artist Pension Trust, London, UK and New York, USA
- Advisor, PlusTate Purpose & Vision Working Group, UK
Background of Key Personnel: Curatorial and commercial expertise in relation to exhibition production; curating; art commissions; art management and technical services; collecting intelligence; gallery and art fair dealing; artist's liaison and publications.
Languages Spoken: Fluent English; Good working knowledge of German; Italian native speaker.
Alfredo Cramerotti Aesthetic Journalism: the uncertain domains of information, communication and aesthetics Friday 3 February 2017, 13:00